Sign-on/Sign-off to workstations after login.
My network has one-half dozen workstations available for walk-in clients. The computer is booted at the beginning of the day and shutdown at night's end.The clients do not have to login, but I would like to have them enter their first and last names for our recordkeeping purposes. My purpose is to replace our paper signup sheet and gather usage parameters to automatically track how many users we have and usage time.Does anyone have any info regarding this??
November 6th, 2009 7:20pm

Hello,you can't control it that way, if the computer is started up and an account is logged on automatically, there is no option. If you like to control it, create user accounts for each specific user, no other way exists.I know from other companies, that if announced people arrive they get a logon paper especially for them with there own account password. This way youi can control it. Or you give your people at the reception the permission to create user accounts and password for this people in a special OUof your domain.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 9th, 2009 2:40am

Hi ,When you said " The clients do not have to login" does your administrator have customized the winlogon ??are the clients " thin clients " ?
November 28th, 2009 6:35am

In order to implement it you have to use 3rd party software.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 29th, 2009 1:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics