Shearch not working after windows update

HI

I did the windows update for our sharepoint server 2013 but unfortunately the search corrupted after update

Your support is highly appreciated

September 3rd, 2015 1:04pm

Hi,

the coorelation ID will gives you the exact error. Please check the ULS logs using the Coorelation ID.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 1:47pm

1.) Are you sure you didn't apply and new CU's? If so, you need to make sure to run "psconfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace -b2b -force". Search can break after CU's being applied. Also, you need to run SharePoint Configuration Wizard to apply updates. It's a pain.

2.) If you have not run any new CU's, then run the below code using PowerShell on all of your WFE's, minus the '[' and ']'.

> Get-SPLogEvent |?{$_.Correlation -eq [insert correlation ID here]} |ft Category, Message -Autosize

This will take a few minutes, so be patient, but it will pull the the error message out of your Log files. Post the error back here, maybe somebody can help with the actual error message.

3.) Or, with the error message that you posted above, there should've been a timestamp. Just search the correlation ID within the log that matches the timestamp. i.e. go find the logs files and find the one that posted most recently after the time on that error you posted. Then just do a "find" on that correlation ID.

September 3rd, 2015 1:53pm

Hi Ahmed,

Quick troubleshooting tips:

1. Try resetting IIS for good measure and see if the error persists
2. Go to services.msc from command prompt start (or restart) the service "office SharePoint server search"
3. Verify the username and password in the Central Administration App Pool (right click->Properties->Identity[tab])
4. Verify that any services that are running relating to IIS are using valid usernames and passwords
5. Verify that any services running for SQL Server are using the right username and password
6. Verify that the account in question has the proper access to the SharePoint dat

September 3rd, 2015 3:11pm

HI Ahmad,Its difficult to provide answer by seeing the error above.I would suggest to get the details by the correlation ID and start digging from there.please check the link below that explains more in to get the correlation ID.

http://expertsharepoint.blogspot.my/2014/07/how-to-find-correlation-id-error.html

September 4th, 2015 4:17am

Thanks

not working after did your tips

September 4th, 2015 6:47am

Hi

I tryied to do the step No. 2 but no result shown and I wait for 1 houre

September 4th, 2015 6:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics