Sharepoint Search does not return owstaxid for refinement

Hi,

i have a problem with the Sharepoint Search. I have a Search Webpart and a Refinement Webpart on my page and i need to get the owstaxid... properties from the search results for my custom refinement webpart to work with it. 

The really strange thing is that the columns i use in the library i get the results from work in another library very well. There i get the taxid`s and everything works well.

Any ideas?  

Thanks for your help!
April 21st, 2015 3:49am

Hi,

The owstaxid is a prefix in the name for managed properties of the managed metadata columns.

If the managed metadata column is added to the library and there are values in the column for the items in the library, then we can get those values in Refinement web part if the corresponding managed property owxtaxidxxx is added as refiners after doing a full crawl.

For this issue, I recommend to check the things below:

1. Check if the corresponding managed metadata columns are added in the library and the columns have been filled with values for the items.
  2. The items in the library can be crawled and searched.
  3. Do a full crawl in Search Service Application and then check the results.
  4. If above cannot work, please reset the search index and then do a full crawl.

Best regards,

Victoria

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2015 1:14am

Hi, 

thanks for your reply.
i already check all your points but everything looks fine in my search environment.
the really strange thing is that i use the column also in the pages library in a page layout and there it works fine.

What i also not understand is, i get values in the owsXXX property in my refiner for the column but no values in the owstaxidXXX property.
I think i dont get the owstaxidXXX properties for the list items in the library but they are crawled correctly!

LG Alex

April 22nd, 2015 1:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics