Sharepoint 2013 document library web part search box

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem with document library.  I have configured serch crawl  in my sharepoint 2013 site. it works great. I can search through the entire site as well as particular document libraries. the only problem is when i use the document library in custom  web page (by  inserting web part ) the "find a file" search  box is not shown. I have searched this problem on web but found nothing useful yet. hwo can I enable search  in document web part?

please help  it is urgent

thanks 

• Edited by Ziyadxan Wednesday, September 04, 2013 6:13 AM
September 4th, 2013 9:13am

Hi,

I understand that the search box is not appearing on the custom web page.

Thank you for bring this issue to our attention, your time and efforts on this matter are highly appreciate.

We had reported the issue to product team,  per the confirmation from the product team, the situation we are describing is unfortunately By Design due to some complications with regards to web part pages and the web parts themselves.  We also checked the source code and we saw that there is some logic in web part pages to remove the view selector and search box because the web part and its content are not perceived as being a part of the page itself.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 5th, 2013 12:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics