Sharepoint 2013 and SCOM

Hi I have questation about SCOM and SharePoint 2013 DB . The system account is in the SA , but do not have permissions to this DB . The db is not visible in the SQL enterprise , and is created temporaly .   exist solution how I disable this monitor only for this db ? Or another solution ?

thanx

Management Group: CS. Script: GetSQL2012DBFileGroupFreeSpace.vbs : Cannot login to database [XYZ][INSTANCE01:RollbackSnapshotTempDB{28FFB398-8143-4677-B740-8D4B89AD8B

August 25th, 2015 10:20am

Hi

I don't have a system to hand to double check but for this I don't think you can. I don't believe there is no override that will allow you to do this. You either need to fix the issue (if that is possible) or you'll need to disable the monitor altogether. You can't do it for a specific database.

The other option is to disable and recreate your own with the appropriate overrides configured but this is no easy task.

If the database no longer exists then the SQL discovery process should remove it automatically. Or is it regularly recreated?  

Regards

Graham

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 10:36am

in the technet is wrote :

"This database is a temporary construct created by SQL Server during backups initiated by VSS framework. So not your usual backup database TSQL statement, but instead a backup initiated at system level by NtBackup, Server Backup, Microsoft DPM, or any 3<sup>rd</sup> party tool relying on VSS."

in organization we use dpm ....

August 25th, 2015 3:04pm

The DB and DB file group discovery is based on DB Engine so you cannot just disabled a particular DB discovery. The only possible solution is disable DB monitor for this particular DB using override.
Roger
August 25th, 2015 11:37pm

The DB and DB file group discovery is based on DB Engine so you cannot just disabled a particular DB discovery. The only possible solution is disable DB monitor for this particular DB using override.
Roger
  • Marked as answer by Marek G_ 12 hours 38 minutes ago
August 26th, 2015 3:33am

Roger
  • Marked as answer by Marek G_ Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:32 PM

Roger
  • Marked as answer by Marek G_ Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:32 PM

thank you . pls how I override only one database ? I can only override whole instance . not db ....
August 26th, 2015 4:40am

Hi

As per the above - you can't. The author didn't code this in such a way that you can override by database. Your options are:

1. Disable for DB Engine (SQL Instance) and accept that you won't get any alerts from this monitoring.

2. Disable for DB Engine (SQL Instance) and then create a new rule \ monitor that allows you to override by database. This is not an easy or trivial task.  

3. Accept the false positives.

Regards

Graham

August 26th, 2015 4:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics