Sharepoint 2013 Search Query, get 'Starts With' for the whole term.
Hi,
I need to build an A to Z index for the values of a particular managed property. Managed property contains text with multiple words (for example: 'Whole Sale Items', 'Sample Items').

I need the search to return the values that start with a particular letter. 'myPropOWSTEXT:s*' should return 'Sample Items'. However, this query returns both 'Whole Sale Items' and 'Sample Items'. 

Is there a way to write query so that I can get the text values that start with a letter from the beginning of the whole sentence? I mean, in the above example, is there a way that the query returns 'Sale Items' only and NOT 'Whole Sale Items'?
March 23rd, 2015 1:30pm

Hi sukhdevtur,

Could you please elaborate the requirement? Also please provide a screenshot about the issue if possible.

What do you mean "Managed property contains text with multiple words (for example: 'Whole Sale Items', 'Sample Items')."?

Is the list column value containing multiple values(e.g. multiple choices type column, manged metadata type column)? 

Also it is by design that SharePoint query will match each word divided by the special character "blank space", if it's the case for your issue, as a workaround, you can remove the "blanks space" between the words(e.g. WholeSaleItems, SampleItems), then start a full crawl and test again, it should work.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 5:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics