Sharepoint 2013 Cross domain File share search not working

Hi

I have two domain. A and B

From domain 'A' I login in the system. my sharepoint is running on Domain 'B'. we have one file share which is in domain 'B'

Now I crawled all content of file on domain 'B' and it is running fine. There is single sign on implmented between domain 'A' and 'B'. Means user login on his laptop using 'A' domain and no need to login on sharepoint site. Now when user login using 'A' account and open sharepoint search page then user cant see the file share result while sharepoint list/library searched data are visible but no file share content. But when user login on sharepoint site using his Domain'B' account he can easily see the File Share result.

Please suggest what could be the possible solution to provide file share search result on the page which will be visible for the user in both case of login '(login through domain 'A' and login through domain 'B')

February 11th, 2015 7:39am

Hi Atul,

This is access related issue, make sure your file share must have read permission to both users (Or any specific group, like Everyone or domain users). Also please check your include crawl rule for file share.

Basant Pandey

http://sharepointfordeveloper.blogspot.com

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2015 4:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics