Shareoint 2013 Search not working

Hi Everyone

Quite new to Sharepoint so not really sure where to start - hopefully someone can help !

When I try to search I get a the error message ("Oops something went wrong..")

Looking at the Search Service application I see "Could not connect to the search administration Web service on server SPDEV because the web server is not running." under Searchable Items.

Any suggestions for what I should be looking at ?

Thanks

Sara

January 13th, 2014 2:19pm

Hi Sara, verify whether the url for crawl is correct. May be you can try creating a new search service application and do a full crawl.

Regards  Roy Joyson
Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 13th, 2014 5:05pm

Hi Roy

Thanks for your reply. Sorry but I'm very new to Sharepoint 2013 (only got it installed in dev environment a couple of weeks ago). Could you tell me where to check the URL for crawl please ?

Thanks again

Sara

January 14th, 2014 9:36am

Hi Sara,

Make sure the "Search Host Controller Service" services in turning on in server SPDEV.

Thanks,

Jingyi

January 15th, 2014 9:41pm

Hi Sara,

Make sure the "Search Host Controller Service" services in turning on in server SPDEV.

Thanks,

Jingyi

• Proposed as answer by Expiscornovus Monday, March 09, 2015 12:27 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks,

Jingyi

• Proposed as answer by Expiscornovus Monday, March 09, 2015 12:27 PM

Hi Sara,

I had the same problem on a development environment after installation of a cumulative update.

The answer of Jingyi helped solving the problem in my case.

Btw, I used an administrative SharePoint SharePoint 2013 Management Shell and used the command:

net start spsearchhostcontroller

March 9th, 2015 8:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics