Shared folders not accessible from client widows 7
OK...I am just about at my wits end. I have installed a couple of the Hp Mediasmart Servers in the last few years with little trouble.But I am stumped now. I am running windows 7 on the client computer. The server is connect via a Dlink router wired connection. I am able to access the server ( windows server 2003 ) via WHS connect software, and via remote desktop. The router has given an address and server is seen in the DHCP table. I am able to see the server folders from my apple tv. The problem is the server does not appear in the Network and sharing center. ( I.e...No access to shared folders ). I also noticed that the backup of the client fails and I assume this is because the server is not being recognized . Keep in mind I can remote in from the client computer and see the folders through Apple tv. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the WHS connect software. Made sure the antvirus is uninstalled completely , I believe it has something to do with this particular installation of windows 7, since installing this server on another network seems to work just fine. Any one have any suggestion of a setting I might check ? Glenndee
March 4th, 2012 11:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics