Shared Folders Problem
Hi, I am facing a problem on Shared folders which is on myserver\E\Users . Two days before it was working fine however since yesterday users on network cant assess the sub folders U:\DataBase\Alpha Selection\EGI_PRICES\2011 they can see this 2011 folder however after that they cant access , a message access denied appears while trying to attempt that folder. However with administrator user i could see this folder on shared drive and on server . I tried to mapped the drive with administrator credentials but i don't want it again and again . Could you please let me know how to solve this problem . Regards Tabbasi
September 7th, 2011 6:28am

Hi, Is this a DFS share and you configured a root target ? Anyways,did you check the NTFS permissiosn for the users in that shared folder? For the root folder users should have the read permission and for the rest of the folders inside they should have NTFS permissions defined for them granualrly. Rt click on the shared foldr,go to security-advanced.. Is there any deny permission set?Regards, Mohan R Sr. Administrator - Server Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2011 12:47am

No there is no Deny permission on any one . Every one has full control on this folder and sub folder i checked it . Please see the screen shot .Tabbasi
September 8th, 2011 3:42am

Hi dev00, Have you checked the permission on the 2011 folder? If not, please check there is something wrong. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2011 4:22am

permission level on 2011 folder is same . Please see the screen shot .Tabbasi
September 8th, 2011 4:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics