Shared Folder Permissions
Hi,I am trying to set shared folder permission on Windows server 2008. Let me tell you in details:-On windows server 2008 , i have created one shared folder say "ABC" on one drive. I have also created one sub folder say " New Folder" under "ABC".Now my requirement is- a user say "user1" can able to read "ABC" folder from his machine but he should not create any file or folder under "ABC" . But i need to do such settings that "user1" can do anything under " New Folder" which is sub folder of "ABC".In short - for "user1" i need to set read only access for "ABC" & full control for "New Folder" i.e. subfolders of "ABC".
February 16th, 2010 4:06pm

Set the share permissions to Read for the 'Everyone' group and then the NTFS permissions on "New Folder" to either modify or full control (depending on much the user needs to be able to do) for 'User1'
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 21st, 2010 7:40pm

HelloOn ABC Share Permission: Authenticated users: Read, ModifyNTFS Permissions: Authenticated Users: Read, List folder contents. Administrators: Full COntrol Go to Advanved settings and uncheck the inheritance boxon New Folder: NTFS Permission: User1: Read, Read & execute,Modify, List Folder contentsIsaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
February 21st, 2010 8:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics