Shared Folder Access problem
I'm using W2K3 server, Domain user is Windows Xp, The problem is that when i m trying to access a shared folder from a domain user account, its showing this error " share is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied." But when i logged in as a normal user not a domain user, then shared files are accessible. I'd be very grateful if anyone could help asap!! Thanks everyone.
November 6th, 2011 2:37pm

Hello Euro, Is this happens for particular machine or all the client machines? If it is for single machine please try to change the virtual memory of that client pc and try the same.Thanks & Regards, Kottees R
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 6th, 2011 3:38pm

Hi, does the domain user have permissio to access the share location? check the share permissions and add "domain users" with relevent permission (Read/write). Thamara.
November 6th, 2011 8:38pm

check the share permission as well as the ntfs permissions on the shared folder.in a Microsoft windows environment most restricted permission will be applying for the objects. Better to give everyone full access on share permission and control from the ntfs permission(security tab).using effectiveness permission tab on the advance option of the security you can find the applicable permission for the particular user/groupDarshana Jayathilake
November 7th, 2011 12:26am

Hi, In addition the above suggestions, please also refer the below link: Error message when you try to access a Windows XP-based network computer: "You might not have permission to use this network resource" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913628 After add Domain users to the ACLs of the shared folder, if the issue still there, I would like to suggest you to create a new account in ADUC and logon the client and try to access shared folder. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Yan LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 7th, 2011 1:19am

check the share permission as well as the ntfs permissions on the shared folder.in a Microsoft windows environment most restricted permission will be applying for the objects. Better to give everyone full access on share permission and control from the ntfs permission(security tab).using effectiveness permission tab on the advance option of the security you can find the applicable permission for the particular user/groupDarshana Jayathilake
November 7th, 2011 8:18am

Hi, In addition the above suggestions, please also refer the below link: Error message when you try to access a Windows XP-based network computer: "You might not have permission to use this network resource" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913628 After add Domain users to the ACLs of the shared folder, if the issue still there, I would like to suggest you to create a new account in ADUC and logon the client and try to access shared folder. Hope this helps. Best Regards, Yan LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
November 7th, 2011 9:11am

My Problem is solved by using Darshana Jayathilake & Yan Li's Method. Thanks Everybody
November 7th, 2011 10:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics