Shared Folder Access
Hi I have a shared server with a hostname. Until yesterday all working fine : RDP/Shared access etc I have nearly 20 users in that Win 2008 servers so i use my Administrator login to access this server using Win7. Now i cannot access any shared folder because what ever the login credential i use it says credentials invalid. I can connect to the server via RDP using same login, its just i cannot access any shared folder. i already tried many solutions like editing Network Security (LAN Manager) no use. When i goto Run >> if i enter the server name, its asking for username password but its not accepting that, but sametime if i goto Run >> enter the IP address of the server and enter the same login its working fine. my problem is i cannot connect to the shared folders using hostname, but i can connect using server ip. this happened today only. I've been using the host name to connect to shared folders for more than 1 year Any workarounds? Thanks Sam
November 21st, 2012 12:59pm

Hi, Thanks for your post. In order to troubleshoot this issue, you may temporarily disable Anti-virus and firewall on both server and client. If we cannot disable it, please ensure that the ports 139 and 445 were opened on the server. In addition, please the following services were started: Computer Browser Service Workstation Service Server Service NetBIOS over TCP/IP For test the port 139 and 445, please try use the IP address of the server, NetBIOS or FQDN. You can use the telnet command or PortQuery tools. PortQry Command Line Port Scanner Version 2.0 http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17148 New features and functionality in PortQry version 2.0 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832919 Best Regards, Aiden Aiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 22nd, 2012 6:06am

hI Thanks for the prompt reply. I fixed this issue by disabling VirtualBox Host-Only Network. It messed up my network
November 22nd, 2012 6:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics