Share Drive
I have a share drive on a server.  From my desktop, I can access that share drive, \\servername\sharedfolder no problem, but on the server itself, if I try to go to \\servername\sharedfolder I get "network path cannot be found".  If I go to just \\servername, I can see the share folder listed, but when I double click it I get the network error.  This leads me to believe it's permissions based, but I have authenticated users set to Full.  I'm curious if there might be a policy setting that would be causing this.  Any info is appreciated.
August 21st, 2015 4:09pm

On the item you have shared out, set the share permissions to everyone = full then on the security tab, go to advanced and then select the effective permissions tab, put your user account in there and see what your settings are, please share the findings.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 5:54pm

On the item you have shared out, set the share permissions to everyone = full then on the security tab, go to advanced and then select the effective permissions tab, put your user account in there and see what your settings are, please share the findings.
August 21st, 2015 9:50pm

Hi,

Check the Both share permission and Security permission for that user on that folder. If required check the effective permission of the user set on that share drive.

August 22nd, 2015 6:16am

Hi,

Check the Both share permission and Security permission for that user on that folder. If required check the effective permission of the user set on that share drive.

August 22nd, 2015 10:11am

Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks,

Regards,

Eth

August 24th, 2015 11:23pm

shared folder security permissions could not be an issue if you have set it already.

but there is also a share permission, check on it maybe there's a problem on it.

August 25th, 2015 1:41am

Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.

If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Regards,

Eth

August 27th, 2015 11:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics