SharePoint opensearch unable to pick up the authInfo

I created a result source with opensearch 1.0/1.1 protocol. The credential information is set to Basic authentication with username and password.

When trying to use the result source, I get the following error message

09/16/2013 09:53:40.59 	NodeRunnerQuery1-58680412-45be- (0x0BF8)	0x11F8	Search                        	Query Processing              	aizhq	Unexpected	Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Processing.OpenSearchReaderProducer : Unable to complete OpenSearch communication. System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.     bei Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Processing.OpenSearchReaderProducer.ReadAccountAuthCredentials(AuthenticationInformation authInfo, String& username, String& password)     bei Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Processing.OpenSearchReaderProducer.ProcessQuery(String query, QueryConfiguration queryConfiguration, String language, WebProxy proxy, Nullable`1 connectionTimeout, Nullable`1 maximumResponseLength, AuthenticationInformation authInfo, IBucketField propertyBag)     bei Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Processing.OpenSe...	f87e439c-584b-f002-4474-31ab271818ac
09/16/2013 09:53:40.59*	NodeRunnerQuery1-58680412-45be- (0x0BF8)	0x11F8	Search                        	Query Processing              	aizhq	Unexpected	...archReaderProducer.Process(Guid searchApplicationId, Guid parentCorrelationId, Guid correlationId, Guid sourceId, TreeNode queryTree, IBucketField propertyBag, Int32 requestedHits, Int32 requestedOffset, String language)     bei Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Processing.OpenSearchReaderProducer.ProcessRecord(IRecord record)	f87e439c-584b-f002-4474-31ab271818ac

object not set to an instance of an object with
 Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Pipeline.Processing.OpenSearchReaderProducer.ReadAccountAuthCredentials(AuthenticationInformation authInfo, String& username, String& password)

I do check the searchDB for table MSSSources. Verified authInfo is there. What could be the possibility with the error message?

October 18th, 2013 11:15am

Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you got an error when tried to use the result source.

You can set it to anonymous search, then check whether it works.

There is a similar thread for your reference.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/26fe7715-e4b3-404a-bcb7-6f6f3ff1ea62/opensearch-search-has-encountered-a-problem-that-prevents-results-from-being-returned?forum=sharepointsearch

Thanks & Regards,

Jason
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 21st, 2013 3:04pm

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there any way to get it working with the credential ? Anonymous working in my scenario, as I don't want any anonymous to be able to use it.

October 24th, 2013 9:02am

Hi,

I searched for a while, and then found that maybe it could not be worked with credential.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 28th, 2013 4:43am

Hi all.Has anyone ever solved this issue? We're especially interested in getting this out-of-the-box or with a simple workaround to work with the user's credentials passed through. Any ideas?
January 22nd, 2015 12:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics