SharePoint Foundation 2013: No 'Find a File' search box?

I keep seeing screenshots of a search function specific to a documents library. It's a search box that says "Find a File" and that doesn't appear in any of my document libraries! What had I forgotten to activate or check box when setting things up?

Many thanks,

Catherine

June 17th, 2013 8:42pm

Hi Catherine,

Find a file search box is the new feature in SharePoint 2013 that has been added to each Document Library which can help users find files form within a Library. This is in addition to the main site search

When you create a SharePoint site, you should see it. If you have not get it, I suggest you install the latest updates.

Thanks,

Jack

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2013 9:38am

Hi Jack

She mentioned this is SharePoint 2013 Foundation. I suspect that it is not available in Foundation edition as it depends on "Filter Search" feature in Enterprise. I read it somewhere that it is not available in even Standard edition, I can't seem to find the article again so don't take my words for granted.

Anyway, I am currently having the exact same issues as I am working on a project built on SP2013 Foundation. I do not have the Search Box on top of the list like I usually have in SP2013 Enterprise.

I am looking for any official information to confirm this and at the same time, looking for an work around as well. Will post here if I have any work around.

Best Regards

Alex

June 24th, 2013 11:08am

Hi Jack!

I could still not locate the 'find a file' box. I've looked up images of where I should look, but it just seems to be missing! I've installed updates, but no fix. Could Foundation perhaps not including this function?

I'm just curious at this point. It's not a end all be all for my site (although I would have loved such an addition).

Thanks,

Catherine

June 24th, 2013 10:32pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for that post! It eases my mind a little that I didn't install SharePoint wrong (hopefully). Let me know if you find an article discussing whether or not this is a feature included in SharePoint.

Regards,

Catherine

June 24th, 2013 10:34pm

Hi Catherine,

The Search box is only available for lists and libraries that are displayed as client-side rendered views. Although the default behavior is to display the Search box, the Search Box can be hidden by the List View Web Part property, Search Box, in the Miscellaneous section of the tool pane.

You can refer to the folloieng link.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/sharepoint-server-help/manage-lists-and-libraries-with-many-items-HA102771361.aspx#_Toc346115862

Thanks,

July 8th, 2013 5:39am

from where i can find the latest updates? i tried through sharepoint foundation administration panel it already have a message no new updates available
January 25th, 2014 8:40am

I already update the latest updates but no success in foundation 2013
January 27th, 2014 8:57pm

AS per my conversation with MSFT MVP Dhirendra 'Find a File' feature is supported only for enterprise version and not for Foundation/Standard.
January 21st, 2015 8:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics