SharePoint 2013 ediscovery export unable to access crawl logs

Hi,

I am using ediscovery centre in SharePoint 2013. when I export the items from Query filters, the export always fails with error "There was a problem accessing the crawl log."

I am running the export using farm adminnistrator login if that helps. Furthermore, the export still manages to export the items but the status in SharePoint is always "export failed".

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

viv

September 3rd, 2013 9:52am

I further checked the crawl log permissions using the following command and the ACL returned is empty

Get-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlLogReadPermission -SearchApplication $ssa

RoleName          : CrawlLogReadRole
TenantId          : 0c37852b-34d0-418e-91c6-2ac25af4be5b
Acl               : {}
SearchApplication : SearchServiceApplication Name=Search Service Application 1
ModifiedTime      : 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM

I am now trying to add users to this ACL using the cmdlet Set-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlLogReadPermission

However I get an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. I am running this cmdlet using the SPFarm account.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2013 1:50pm

I was able to add users to the crawl log read permissions group using the following command Set-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlLogReadPermission -SearchApplication (Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication) -UserNames "<eDiscoveryUsers>" Once added to the ACL the export error disappeared.
September 4th, 2013 2:00pm

I am getting the error, but only in relation to file share content locations. If I remove the file share repositories, the export works fine. Not sure what permissions to add to make this work.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 12th, 2015 2:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics