Shadow Copy Shows Extra Volumes
I have the following: Win 2008 R2 acting has the only PDC for the domain. Whenever I go to Disk Properties in the Shadow Copy tab it lists all the Volumes. Listed there are my C:, D: & E: volumes, but it also lists another volume labelled "//?/{4cbf1d63-3dc1-11df-9d3b-806e6f6e6963}/ I've checked device manager using the "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" as stated in this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539. I uninstalled all volumes which were disabled and all the shadow copy volumes which were disabled. I checked the properties of all active volumes in device manager and cannot find the reference above. The volume doesn't show in disk manager. At one time shadow copy was trying to create shadows of this volume and getting errors, but I removed the scheduled task. So my question is there a way to remove this volume? Can I forcibly remove it from the registry?
February 25th, 2012 8:49am

Hi, First of all, you should to check what is the "//?/{4cbf1d63-3dc1-11df-9d3b-806e6f6e6963}/? It may be one of your volumes , such as, an external HD, a disk on SAN, or local disk, and so on. Do you have enabled the C:\,D:\,E:\? Based on my testing, when I enabled them, if I want to back up my server, it will let you select a destination volume except C: and it can back up successfully.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 28th, 2012 4:28am

Hi, First of all, you should to check what is the "//?/{4cbf1d63-3dc1-11df-9d3b-806e6f6e6963}/? It may be one of your volumes , such as, an external HD, a disk on SAN, or local disk, and so on. Do you have enabled the C:\,D:\,E:\? Based on my testing, when I enabled them, if I want to back up my server, it will let you select a destination volume except C: and it can back up successfully.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 28th, 2012 12:27pm

any update?Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 29th, 2012 3:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics