Shadow Copies question:
Hi Guys, I have a very specific situation that I need urgent help too. Here is what happened; We have a Data folder that has been completely overwritten with two day old data. We DO NOT have a backup (don't even ask). What we do have is Previous Versions running and the last previous is 3 hours before it was overwritten. What is the best way to restore the entire folder back to the way it was at that point? I have tried just restoring that version but it still isn't correct due to changes made days before? Should I run each previous version restore in order from Monday 7am through until yesterday 3pm to arrive at that point? (the folder was only created on Monday at 6am). Urgent help would be appreciated
September 6th, 2012 3:46pm

Hi Guys, I have a very specific situation that I need urgent help too. Here is what happened; We have a Data folder that has been completely overwritten with two day old data. We DO NOT have a backup (don't even ask). What we do have is Previous Versions running and the last previous is 3 hours before it was overwritten. What is the best way to restore the entire folder back to the way it was at that point? I have tried just restoring that version but it still isn't correct due to changes made days before? Should I run each previous version restore in order from Monday 7am through until yesterday 3pm to arrive at that point? (the folder was only created on Monday at 6am). Urgent help would be appreciated Here is my confusion guys. If I go into the latest previous version (Yesterday at 3pm) the missing file is there but if I press restore on the top level folder of that drive it doesn't restore files further down the tree. I can't go through all 900 folders and press restore on each. Surely pressing restore at the top should restore everything below as well?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2012 4:04pm

I would have ask here. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsbackup/threads Thanks
September 6th, 2012 4:32pm

Hi, Could you provide more details in your issue? What is the backup tools? Where is the destination for the backup? What kind of the OS? If you back up the data in local volume, you could restore the data by using windows server backup. If you back up the data to networking share, please check this blog. Windows Server Backup 2008 Restore from Network Location http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2009/02/04/windows-server-backup-2008-restore-from-network-location.aspx Best regards,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2012 10:43pm

Hi, How are things going? If you have any additional questions, please let me know, I will be happy to help you.
September 9th, 2012 10:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics