Setup NS1/NS2???
I'm running a site on a dedicated server and trying to setup dns correctly for a friend. Domain is: alcaldianeiva.gov.co How do I properly setup the ns1/ns2 nameservers and web zones (mail, web, ftp, etc) for the domain so its publicly live and viewable? IPs are 64.64.96.242 (primary) through .246 I'm running Windows 2008 Server as administrator user.
June 24th, 2010 3:26pm

Hi , Contact your Hosting Provider he will help you in this and also make A Records on your external DNS. Regards. Shafaquat Ali.M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007 M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008 M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2010 3:30pm

That's not a helpful answer. I want to learn how to do it, not ask the provider. Its a self managed server too.
June 24th, 2010 3:35pm

Hello, to access the server from the internet this records in DNS have to be created from your provider you can't do it, as they will not allow you to work on their servers. The ISP is responsible to create the records for your domain website, mail server etc. pointing to the public ip addresses.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 24th, 2010 3:40pm

This is what I have http://yfrog.com/05sitesg
June 24th, 2010 3:42pm

Hi , As per my knowledge Mr. Weber is right. Regards. Shafaquat Ali.M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007 M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008 M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2
June 24th, 2010 3:42pm

Hi, It looks like this question has been resolved in that the ISP is going to need to register DNS records, but if you want to learn more about DNS, I would start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd197461%28WS.10%29.aspx -- Mike Burr
June 24th, 2010 5:35pm

Here it is possible for the ISP or the registrar to set the NS records for your domain to point to a DNS server that is under your control. then you would need to configure all of the resource records for the domain. -- Mike Burr
June 24th, 2010 5:37pm

What??? I *own* the server and its colocated at a facility
June 25th, 2010 3:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics