Setting the support group in request offering

I have an underlying template that I wish to use across a range of request offerings.  I understand that I can prompt the user for values in the offering and map those responses to fields in the template, however, what I was hoping to do was to set a value for the support group and area within the request offering without needing the user select it.  Is it possible to do this?

To explain a bit more.  I have a service request template which has been extended with generic additional fields to store user responses.  I can then create a request offering for "request additional mailbox quota" and "request new hardware" which both use the same template for the offerings, but with different prompts.  However both of those requests are handled by different support groups, but I cant set the support group within the request offering other than with a user prompt.    

Is the only option to have two different templates with different default values for the support group?  Hopefully not as then I will have dozens of templates which are mostly identical apart from the default values.

March 24th, 2015 1:27pm

If you add in your request a prompt for support group and select MP Enumeration list and on the configure part select the support group list. And then map it against the supportgroup field. That should work. 
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2015 8:48am

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.  I am aware that I can set the value in a request offering if I have it as a user prompt, but I don't want the user to be able to change the value.  I did wonder if i could have a display only prompt using the MP enumeration list type, but that doesn't seem to show on the form, and I cant set a default value anyway.

March 25th, 2015 11:34am

Hi Oliver,

There's a relationship "Work Item relates to Request Offering" (internal name System.WorkItemRelatesToRequestOffering) that can be used to determinate the Request Offering related to the work item. So depending on the Request Offering, you can set Support Group by the custom wor

March 25th, 2015 12:09pm

Hi Marat,

Thanks for that.  I didn't know about that relationship so that should work for what I need to do.  I'm not very familiar with authoring workflows so I will go and read up on them and implement your suggestion.  Thanks for the help!

March 26th, 2015 12:24pm

Hi Marat,

Thanks for that.  I didn't know about that relationship so that should work for what I need to do.  I'm not very familiar with authoring workflows so I will go and read up on them and implement your suggestion.  Thanks for the help!

March 26th, 2015 4:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics