Setting a Windows 2003 Certificate Authority Server.
Help! Our company currently has 2 Windows 2000 Certificate Authority server. It's use for wireless IAS authentication. I have setup a new windows 2003 Active directory and want to also setup a Windows 2003 CA server. I have no idea how to do it. According to this article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298138) I have to upgrade the Windows 2000 CA server to windows 2003 before the CA will upgrade to 2003. Is there another way I can do this instead of upgrading that Windows 2000 CA server as that server is also our AD, DNS server so really do not want to touch it. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!!!
February 8th, 2010 10:17pm

Hi,I am afraid that you will have to upgrade the server to Windows Server 2003 first. In addition, please note that it is recommeded to not insatll CA on domain controller.Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2010 6:51am

Thank you! So it's OK for me to install it on any Windows 2003 server as long as it is not the DC? Another thing, do I have to upgrade both Windows 2000 CA server then or will updating 1 of them do the trick? Thank you for your help again!
February 18th, 2010 11:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics