SetSearchPreference() error
I am retrieving a list of deleted objects so I'm using code from here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms677927(VS.85).aspx It works like a charm when compiled as a little test program. However, when I put this code in an existing large project, it stops returning the list of deleted objects. I found out that the following call: hr = pSearch->SetSearchPreference(rgSearchPrefs, ARRAYSIZE(rgSearchPrefs)); returns 0x00005011, i.e. S_ADS_ERRORSOCCURRED. Again, the code is copied as it is from the test program into a bigger project, and something makes it no longer work. Test program working fine and my project. Has anybody seen SetSearchPreference() returning this weird code? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!Raman
March 2nd, 2011 6:49pm

Hi Raman-SGGS, I think your issue should be raised in the Windows Server Forum. I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to that forum. Thanks for your understanding, Best regards, JesseJesse Jiang [MSFT] MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 3rd, 2011 10:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics