Services terminating - starting with DNS client
Loading 2008 x64onto two brand new Dell 2950's:-Install O/S - Everything is fine. Now, oddly once you join a domain, RDP connections randomly drop and future connections via RDP are not accepted. This occurs with the firewall both off and on.-More odd: Once you Activate Windows (MSDN) - RDP connections continue to drop, however a few minutes later a connection is able to be re-established -- the service recovers where before being activated it would not.---Now upon a reboot the System event viewer logs 5 events:DNS Client service teminated unexpectedlyThe KtmRm for distributed transaction coordinator terminated unexpectedly.The network location awareness service terminated unexpectedlyThe terminal services service terminated unexpectedlyThe windows remote management service terminated unexpectedly---Every few hours the Application logs contains:Faulting applicaiton svchost.exe_Dnscache, version 6.0.600 ... faulting module DNSaPI.dl
August 7th, 2008 1:04am

Hello, Due to the complexity of the performance issue, it need to analyze Performance Log to solidly locate the root cause. I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Product Support Services via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with this request. You may obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers. Thank you for your patience and hope the issue will be resolved soon.Your potential. Our passion.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 12th, 2008 2:40pm

Did you ever resolve this? I have the exact same thing happening on my Dell Optiplex 745 running Vista Enterprise. The exact same services stop that you listed and the "faulting app" was exactly the same as well.
August 29th, 2008 12:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics