Service manager exchange connector Error

Hi All,

I am trying to install the service manager exchange connector but after importing the MP have failed to create the connector for exchange. below is the detail.

Date: 2/8/2011 12:53:34 PM
Application: System Center Service Manager
Application Version: 7.0.6555.0
Severity: Error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector'
   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task, List`1 parameterList)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.WindowJobRecord.ExecuteBackgroundJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs eventargs)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Any suggestions.

Cheers!!!

Ashish

February 8th, 2011 8:59am

Hi Ashish,

Did you do the following?

1)      Copy the following files to the SCSM installation directory on the SCSM management server where you are running workflows and wherever you plan to use a console to configure the Exchange connector (example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010):

a.       Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.dll

b.      Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll   (see the Supported Environment for more information on where to get this file)

Regards
//Anders

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2011 9:05am

Thanks Andres. I forgot to add the dll files.
  • Proposed as answer by Shannon Terry Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:56 PM
February 8th, 2011 9:56am

Hi Andres,

One more query, do i have to remove the email processing option from the incident settings?

Regards,

Ashish

February 8th, 2011 10:20am

Yes, as this connector replaces that function.

Regards
//Anders

February 8th, 2011 10:24am

Hi Andres,

I configured the Exchange connector using the wizard, but dont find anything working. I checked the operation manager event logs and found information related to autodicovery failures. below are some of the events.

Event ID: 33880

Log Name:      Operations Manager
Source:        Health Service Modules
Date:          2/8/2011 11:23:20 PM
Event ID:      33880
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      SVR-SCSM-01.AFG.alfaraa.com
Description:
A Windows Workflow Foundation workflow failed during execution.

Workflow Type: Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow

Workflow Identifier: 657748e3-ea67-ebfb-dfc5-c094ae464076

Exception Type: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.AutodiscoverLocalException

Exception Message: The Autodiscover service couldn't be located.

Exception Stack:    at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox.ProcessMail()
   at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
   at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Health Service Modules" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">33880</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-02-08T19:23:20.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>42899</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Operations Manager</Channel>
    <Computer>SVR-SCSM-01.AFG.alfaraa.com</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow</Data>
    <Data>657748e3-ea67-ebfb-dfc5-c094ae464076</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.AutodiscoverLocalException</Data>
    <Data>The Autodiscover service couldn't be located.</Data>
    <Data>   at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ExchangeInbox.ProcessMail()
   at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.ProcessEmailsWorkflow.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
   at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Log Name:      Operations Manager
Source:        Exchange Inbox Connector
Date:          2/8/2011 11:27:59 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      SVR-SCSM-01.AFG.alfaraa.com
Description:
AutodiscoverConfiguration: <Trace Tag="AutodiscoverConfiguration" Tid="18" Time="2011-02-08 19:27:59Z">
 failed: WebException (Unable to connect to the remote server)
</Trace>

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Exchange Inbox Connector" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-02-08T19:27:59.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>42915</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Operations Manager</Channel>
    <Computer>SVR-SCSM-01.AFG.alfaraa.com</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>AutodiscoverConfiguration: &lt;Trace Tag="AutodiscoverConfiguration" Tid="18" Time="2011-02-08 19:27:59Z"&gt;
 failed: WebException (Unable to connect to the remote server)
&lt;/Trace&gt;
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

any suggestions.

Cheers!

Ashish

February 8th, 2011 8:11pm

As you discovered, there is something wrong with the Autodiscover service in Exchange.

In the documentation that comes with the Exchange connector, there is a link to a site on how to configure and troubleshoot the autodiscover service. Take a look at that.

Rgds
//Anders

February 8th, 2011 8:45pm

Hi Andres,

Thanks. I did check the document and went through the links. found that autodiscovery is working fine from the outlook client. any suggestions.

Regards,

Ashish

February 9th, 2011 10:21am

As far as I remember right:

You need a DNS A record for autodiscover.<your-dnsdomain> with IP from Exchange Server running the autodiscover-website.

You are using a self-signed certificate for the IIS website of the Exchange Server?

To check the autodiscover website: Open the IE on the SCSM Management Server and connect to https://<your-exchangeserver-FQDN>/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

You should get an xml page back (might be something with an error message in the xml but as long it is xml code it's ok ;-)). There should be no "certicate security warning" in IE! The SCSM Exchange connector "can't" press the option "continue" if he get's the warning. If you get a certificate security warning you have to import the SSL certificate of the Exchange Server website in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities" on the SCSM Management Server.

Maybe this

February 9th, 2011 5:38pm

Thanks Andreas,

Was able to solve it. It was network issue, the server was not able to telnet on port 80 or 443.

Regards,

Ashish

February 11th, 2011 8:51pm

Hi AndersAsp;

I have a trouble with a Exchange Connector Installation, after installed, we need it remove, when we try did it, the exchange connector stay in console view without options to delete or view propiertes, and neither can delete it because the delete option doesnt appears in console view. 

We try to remove the management pack, but the trouble continous there, if we want to make a new connector, it work fine, but the failed connector stay there.

How we does to delete it???

February 22nd, 2011 9:27pm

Grab the PowerShell script at this blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/servicemanager/archive/2009/12/17/deleting-objects-in-bulk-in-the-cmdb-using-powershell.aspx

Then run

Remove-SCSMObject.ps1 ExchangeInboxConnector and say yes to the connector you want to delete.

March 7th, 2011 5:21pm

Hi Travis, Our Exchange conector has suddenly stopped working, when checking the Connectors the Exchange Conector has finished with errors. I have tried to edit the properties but I get the error as illustrated by other colleaues. Just to confirm your advice, I am okay to run the PowerShell script in a Live Environment, delete the exchange connector and recreate? Is this correct? Many Thanks jas
May 5th, 2011 7:25am

Sure, but try to delete it from the UI first.
May 5th, 2011 1:00pm

No certificate error, but I get prompted to enter crednentials, then I get the .XML view.  Why am I getting credentials prompt?

Thanks,

Dale

May 21st, 2011 3:13am

Anders,

Switched out my pc which I use to administer SCSM and your answer here saved me a lot of time and trouble figuring out why I could no longer view the properties of the Exchange Connector.  Always appreciate your assistance!

July 28th, 2015 12:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics