Service accounts for the Workspace Database service permission Error while creating Tabular Mode from PowerPivot

Hi All,

Please help me out against this issue. I have spent so much (3 working days) time just figuring out what is the issue and its solution.

I am learning Tabular Mode and trying to create a mode based on PowerPivot model. I am getting following error message:

'The PowerPivot workbook could not be imported. The service account for the workspace database server does not have permission to read from the PowerPivot workbook.'

Here is my infrastructure:

1. SSAS in Tabular Mode is installed on my Windows 8 Laptop

2. PowerPivot is also in my laptop

3. There is only my account (as Admin of course) for SSAS

Here are my questions:

1. What is this error and how can I cope with that? A step by step explanation would be highly appreciated :-)

2. Do I need to change something in Windows settings or in SSAS?

3. I am confused about my workspace database server as well, Do I have to install SSAS twice; one for development and one for workspace?

Looking forward for the expert advise.

July 29th, 2013 7:17am

Hi,

I suspect you might have more luck if you try the SSAS forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlanalysisservices

R
egards
Jamie

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 29th, 2013 7:50am

You need to restart the SSAS service with the Domain credentials. Start--> Run-->Services.Msc. Restart the SSAS service with valid credentials.

This error means that the credentials on which the service is currently running does not have permission to access the local folders.

August 19th, 2013 7:48am

Hi...

could you fix the problem?

October 7th, 2013 10:30am

Thanks Vinod. It worked...Dude, are you in Microsoft now? This is Veerendra from TCS here
December 23rd, 2013 2:07pm

Thanks for the solution. I would just add to get to the credentials, though obvious, to right click on the SQL Services Analysis item in the services window > Properties > Log On tab (I just changed it to the local system account)
April 30th, 2015 12:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics