Service Provider DNS setting
I have joined a client machine to a domain (WS2008). The client machine has a client server application that connects to SQL server 2008. This application works when I set the client DNS setting to the WS 2008 ip address. I have an Internet Router with address 192.168.5.200 connected to the network. I have put this address as Gateway in the client computer. In order to open sites I need to set the DNS for Service Provider which is as follows 195.226.228.72 and 195.226.228.74 Where do I make this setting. Should I set it in DNS Server forwarder setting? Satish Menon
May 4th, 2011 1:11am

Hi, Its not necessary to setup ISP Dns server IP's to access the sites over internet. If your application is configured with Dns Services than you can also browse sites by your WS2008 ips using as DNS server.Thanks & Regards Madan Sharma
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 4th, 2011 2:30am

Hi, Its not necessary to setup ISP Dns server IP's to access the sites over internet. If your application server is configured with Dns Services than you can also browse sites by your WS2008 ips using as DNS server. Thanks & Regards Madan Sharma
May 4th, 2011 9:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics