Service Manager Not Updating Forms Correctly

Hello all,

I am reaching out simply because I can't find anything about my strange problem in System Center Service Manager. I have created a sealed MP that has a custom form. Recently I wanted to update this form by re-arranging the fields/values and adding one or two. This is not the problem - I can edit the form fine and seal it.

The problem occurs when I import the MP back into Service Manager. The MP will import and show success with a new version. However - when I close and re-open the Service Manager Console - the MP reverts back tot he previous version. When I try to re-import it - it says the MP has already been imported. So I export it back out and the xml file has the new version but the console has the old version...

Why is this happening and how? I'm so frustrated at this point! What can I do?

January 30th, 2015 9:05pm

Have you tried creating a new custom form with all the changes and import this in place of the old one (Delete it beforehand)?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2015 10:09pm

Well, the problem is, I can't delete the custom form since it's sealed. I can export it and add anything I want - but if I remove a class or something - it won't let me import because of dependencies. Also - I notice that the Data Warehouse does show up in the Service Manager Console. 

January 30th, 2015 10:31pm

Have you tried clearing your caches?

First the console cache located at: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010

Close the console. Delete everything in that directory. Re-open the console..see if the problem persists.

If it persists, try clearing your management server caches.

Stop the services ("System Center Management Configuration", "Microsoft Monitoring Agent", "System Center Data Access Service")

Rename the "Health Service State" folder to "Health Service State.bak" (or something similar to that). The Health Service State folder exists in your Service Manager installation directory in c:\program files on your management servers

Restart the services ("System Center Data Access Service", "Microsoft Monitoring Agent", "System Center Management Configuration").

There's no guarantee this will clear up the issue, but it's usually the first place to start when the environment is acting funky.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2015 10:41pm

Have you tried clearing your caches?

First the console cache located at: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010

Close the console. Delete everything in that directory. Re-open the console..see if the problem persists.

If it persists, try clearing your management server caches.

Stop the services ("System Center Management Configuration", "Microsoft Monitoring Agent", "System Center Data Access Service")

Rename the "Health Service State" folder to "Health Service State.bak" (or something similar to that). The Health Service State folder exists in your Service Manager installation directory in c:\program files on your management servers

Restart the services ("System Center Data Access Service", "Microsoft Monitoring Agent", "System Center Management Configuration").

There's no guarantee this will clear up the issue, but it's usually the first place to start when the environment is acting funky.

I have done the following with no luck. While I was on the server - I checked the Operations event viewer. I'm getting errors like this;

"Transaction (Process ID 115) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction."

"Exception: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007052E): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName) at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoLDAPDirectoryInitNoContainer() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoDomainInit() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.Initialize() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.get_QueryCtx() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADStoreCtx.ResolveCrossStoreRefToPrincipal(Object o) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADStoreCtx.ResolveCrossStoreRefToPrincipal(Object o) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADUtils.DirectoryEntryAsPrincipal(DirectoryEntry de, ADStoreCtx storeCtx) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.ADDNLinkedAttrSet.get_CurrentAsPrincipal() at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.FindResultEnumerator`1.get_Current() at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Sdk.Connectors.Lfx.Workflows.ADGroupExpander.ExpandGroup(GroupPrincipal groupPrincipal) at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Sdk.Connectors.Lfx.Workflows.ADGroupExpander.Start(Guid connectorId)"

"

ServiceManager.ReleaseManagement.ActivityAddedRule
Release Record Workflow Target
{1DBC28E4-0734-4CD0-8429-B53C7B0E6B82}
Subscription query is taking long. Subscription id: 403c466d-8fe8-c84a-a0b6-3e0c3a01e536 Time spent in new state: 00:00:09.9999360 Time spent in querying state: 00:00:10.0311858"

Could these be my problem?

• Edited by volcy Friday, January 30, 2015 9:09 PM more errors.
January 31st, 2015 12:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics