Service Manager 2012 User Roles where users are not given permissions to Reporting so they are getting an error saying Reporting Server unavailable

I have Agents that should not have access to Reporting so I have removed all permissions to anything related to reporting and the Data Warehouse.  Now everytime the Agent logs into the console they are receiving a pop up saying "Reporting Data Warehouse Management Server is currently unavailable"...

How can I get rid of this?

Here is the screen shot:

April 24th, 2013 4:37pm

I had the same issue and finally just gave up and provided the access needed to make the error go away.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 24th, 2013 6:38pm

So your users are now seeing the Reporting node in order to make this go away?  If not, what perms were required?

April 24th, 2013 6:58pm

Hi,

Even if the user doesn't have permissions to access the Reporting tab, SCSM will still try to connect to DW and SSRS.

- Is port 80 opened to SSRS?
- Is port 5725 opened to DW?

Regards
//Anders

April 26th, 2013 5:05pm

Yes.  If I give the user reporting permissions he doesn't get the error.

April 26th, 2013 6:19pm

Maybe this link can help?

http://ronnydejong.com/2011/08/23/reporting-data-warehouse-management-server-is-currently-unavailable-sysctr/

December 31st, 2013 11:14am

Nah, this is permissions related.  Apparently all users at least need permissions to see the DW and Reporting wonderbars.
January 2nd, 2014 4:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics