Service Manager 2012 Remote Control

Hello

Is there a way to integrate ConfigMgr 2012 Remote Control to Service Manager 2012 task? I have configured Remote desktop and remote assistance but, my customer specifically looking ConfigMgr 2012 Remote Control.  

August 5th, 2013 10:00pm

Hi Manoj,

Yes, when you create a new task under Library > tasks, fill in the general information such as the Task Name, Target Class, and Management Pack. Optionally, you may select categories to add the task to be displayed in certain places in the console. When you fill in the full path to the command line, ensure that the machines that are running the service manager console have access to this path. If Configuration Manager is installed on the computer(s) running the Service Manager Console, you may fill in the path as C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\i386\CmRcViewer.exe. You also have to option to insert a parameter or working directory as well if you choose to. For example, if you would like the parameter to be the Windows Computer IP address, you may enter the following:

$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItemAboutConfigItem' TypeConstraint='CustomMicrosoft_Windows_Library!Microsoft.Windows.Computer']/Property[Type='CustomMicrosoft_Windows_Library!Microsoft.Windows.Computer']/IPAddress$

Another way to set this parameter would be by selecting Insert and selecting the property for IP Address. 

Once the task has been created, you can verify it is working properly by navigating to the class/categories you have chosen and it should be listed by the Task Name you entered. 

Katie Dyer | katie.dyer@cireson.com | San Diego, CA

Check out our System Center App Store: www.cireson.com/app-store

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2013 4:51am

Katie, Thanks you very much. It worked.
August 8th, 2013 7:04pm

Hi Manoj,

Please could you share details on configuring Remote desktop, remote assistance to SCSM 2012.. Thank you.

Jagadish

April 28th, 2014 12:39pm

Necromancy!

regardless, look to Console Tasks, MSTSC /V and MSRA.exe /OfferRA for guidance. 

April 28th, 2014 5:27pm

No matter what I do I get the same error message every time.

Run Task Failed.

Application:

<Path to CmRcViewer.exe>

Parameters: <NetBIOSName>

Access is denied

I have confirmed that I have access to Task, Management Pack, and File/Folder where CmRcViewer.exe is stored. What security setting am I missing to make this work?

February 18th, 2015 6:52pm

Can you run the command like as the user? this looks like a context issue, where the user doesn't have access to the executable. 

Also, you probably want to start your own thread, as this one has a lot of unrelated context. 

February 19th, 2015 6:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics