Service Level Target sometimes not working

I'm looking for a solution for the following situation: 

Under Incident Management we see a list of incidents. One of the columns is Service Level Target. 
Sometimes the Service Level Target is not filled when an incident is created. 
After reading another post, we checked the service 'Microsoft Monitoring Agent', which has the status 'Started'.  After we restart this service, the Service Level Target is added correctly again for new incidents which we create.  But then, we still miss the Service Level Target for incidents we created just beofre this service was restarted.

1) What steps need to be taken to make sure that the process which takes care of adding the Service Level Target does not fail? 

2) How can we add the Service Level Target to incidents where the Service Level Target is missing? 

Or, if it's not possible to tackle this problem fully, would it be best to schedule a restart of the service Microsoft Monitoring Agent? 

Please advise, as we depend on a good working on the Service Level Target. 

Looking forward to your responses, 

Thanks in advance!

Emile 

August 31st, 2015 3:57am

Hey Emile1973,

I would suggest flushing the Health Service State. Do this via the following (I would suggest out of hours, as you will lose SCSM Console access)

1.       Stop System Center Management service
  2.       Rename C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Health Service State folder to Health Service State folder_Old (If you installed in another location it could be there instead of C)
  3.        Start System Center Management service

After you flush the health service cache, make sure you see event 1201 and 1210 in the Operations Manager event log that the new configuration is downloaded and applied.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks,

Shayne.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 5:20am

Hey Shayne, 

Is your answer regarding my first or second question? (see below) 

1) What steps need to be taken to make sure that the process which takes care of adding the Service Level Target does not fail? 

2) How can we add the Service Level Target to incidents where the Service Level Target is missing?

Thanks for your help in advance, 

Emile

September 1st, 2015 7:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics