Service Deployment Status Needs Attention, Deployment Status, Deployment Failed

I have one deployment out of 12 with this status.  All Machine tiers under the deployment were successfully deployed and yet the status will not change.  Any assistance is appreciated!  I've gone through each machine and compared it to the expected feature set and am at a loss as to why this hasn't updated.
April 28th, 2015 10:11pm

I have a picture, but the site won't let me post it yet.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 10:18pm

SCVMM 2012 R2 is the version I'm working with.
April 28th, 2015 10:34pm

can you post the VMM error message on the VMM log
April 29th, 2015 4:39am

I've poured through the logs and "repaired" each of the failed VMs.  I cannot locate the specific event that is causing this.  None of the Machine Tiers are in an error state.  None of the VMs are in an error state.  This is why I'm at a loss as to why this Service is in an error state.
April 29th, 2015 9:51am

Ah...

You cannot 'repair' a failed Service deployment.  For some reason SCVMM does not support this.

The deployment must succeed in one operation for SCVMM to consider it a success.

The perspective is that this is hands off automation - if it fails, toss it away and provision again.  Since this is a clean build, there is nothing to lose but some time.

April 29th, 2015 10:04am

Thanks for the reply; however, I've had other Services with errors that were cleared upon isolating the missing items or correcting a machine name.  I've another team that has already dedicated many hours into building this environment out so at the moment it is merely a "cosmetic" annoyance and doesn't hinder operations.  Perhaps MSFT will allow for a "repair" for the top level Service.

On another note.  I cannot upload an image.  I receive an account verification message:

--- The page at https://social... Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account."

Not sure how to trigger this verification.

April 29th, 2015 10:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics