Service Broker: messages sent back from target to initiator not received by initiator

Hi,

I have the initiator sending a XML message to the target. The target queue activates a SP and answer back a message to close the conversation.

My problem is the initiator never gets the message back to close the conversation. I tried to make the problem simpler by simply initiating a conversation from the target and see if the initiator receives the message. I am looking at the Server Profiler of the the target. It says STARTED_OUTBOUND and CONVERSING.
The transmission shows the following status:
Connection attempt failed with error: '10060(A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.)'.
Then the transmission queue is empty. Then it comes back with the same transmission status.

If I try to receive the messages on the initiator side, there is nothing.

Where should I start to investigate?

I set the service broker before as a test between the DB of our test website and our local test DB. Now I am translating this to our prod website and our prod local DB. The local DB are on the same server meanwhile the websites on different servers (i dont know if it matters). So the 2 local DB (my initiators) have the same settings and object names for everything. Is it going to be a problem too?

I can send a message from the initiator to the target. I tried many things and now my profiler is a bit "polluted" by many events. Even if i try to delete all conversation with cleanup i still see some activities on the profilers. As a side question, how can I completely clean the service broker?

Thanks you

• Edited by GregCSharp Friday, July 03, 2015 5:40 PM
July 3rd, 2015 5:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics