Server slow reboot
Whenever I have to restart my DC (2008 R2) it takes a long time to get past the screen that says applying policy. I can remote into it, but it sits at that point for many minutes. Is that normal?
February 15th, 2011 11:08pm

do you have any group polcies set on the server ? If your server is also acting as dns server then please point the dns to the server it self and also please post the unedited ipconfig /all http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2011 1:36am

Hello, what you see is expected with a single DNS server in the domain. As simple explanation, AD integrated zones are used for DNS, the DNS server can only work correct if AD/Netlogon service is started, which relies on DNS. So you see the kind of loop in here? AD requires DNS which requires AD. This result in the longer boot time. So as it is recommended to have at least 2 DC/DNS/GC per domain make sure at least one domain DNS server is always up and running and that the DCs are configured to use them on the NIC.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 16th, 2011 3:07am

Hi, I would like to confirm the following questions: 1. What related event error can you read in Event Viewer? 2. What Group Policies do you apply? Would you please send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=0bd57cd8-5f6f-47b5-aa3c-3ff24fd3b00b Password: eY8)OE-#j+ Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Collect GPMC log ============== 1. On domain controller, click Start -> Run, type GPMC.MSC, it will load the GPMC console. If the GPMC snap-in is not installed. 2. Right click on "Group Policy Result" and choose wizard to generate a report for the problematic computer and user account (please place appropriately). (Choose computer and select the proper user in the wizard) 3. Right click the resulting group policy result and click the "Save Report…" => save report and upload it to the link I provided. Collect Gpsvc.log ============== To collect the GPSVC.log, we need to modify the following registry: Subkey: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics Entry: GpSvcDebugLevel Type: REG_DWORD Vaule data: 0x30002 After the issue reoccurs, find and upload %windir%\Debug\UserMode\Gpsvc.log file. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 16th, 2011 9:52pm

Have you seen the files I sent?
February 19th, 2011 11:45am

Hello, if you upload them to Windows SKy drive also, with OPEN access, we can also have a look into them.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 20th, 2011 4:25pm

Hi, Only the GPMC log is not enough for analyzing the issue. Please also collect and upload the GPSVC.log. In addition, can you read any related event error? For more troubleshooting information, please also refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article: Troubleshooting the intermittent slow logon or slow startup http://blogs.technet.com/b/instan/archive/2008/04/17/troubleshooting-the-intermittent-slow-logon-or-slow-startup.aspx Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 22nd, 2011 3:40am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
March 6th, 2011 9:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics