Server login issues running Windows 2008R2,
I had reinstalled the Domain and DNS went to reboot after the DNS installation and it will not take my administration password.
February 28th, 2011 8:29pm

Hi, What error message are you getting? How many domain controllers are in the domain? Have you checked the administrator account status or reset the password? Brent Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 28th, 2011 9:49pm

I have only one DC and when windows starts it says it is applying user preferences and after about 4mins in goes to a blue screen. I can use ctl-alt-del to go to Task manager but that is all.David Harrison
February 28th, 2011 11:35pm

To be clear it apprently takes my password but will start windows server 2008. ONly if i start in safe mode does windows come up.David Harrison
February 28th, 2011 11:37pm

Hi David, Have you ever installed the SP1 for Windows server 2008 R2? BrentPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 28th, 2011 11:41pm

no can i install it running in safe mode? I cant seem to get it to login any other way. Any I deas to allow me to login normally. David Harrison
March 1st, 2011 3:53am

Hi David, You don't have to install SP1, I just confimed with you as sometimes the SP1 may lead to a blue screen. As you are able to log in safe mode, so please try to perform a clean boot and check if it works. How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista/2008/7 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 Brent Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
March 1st, 2011 4:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics