Server keep Restart after I changed RAM
I just changed RAM for my server. It shows initialization of the RAM,it was correct to the amount of RAM I installed, once done it goes to one black screen prompting window repair or start windows normally, I choose the Start Windows Normally and then it load Microsoft Windows but after 2 seconds restarting the server.. I need help urgently.....OS is Windows Server 2008 r2parukutty
April 26th, 2011 7:53am

You are SERIOUSLY LOST! This is a Windows XP forum, not a Server 2008 R2 forum. Server 2008 R2 forums are @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver But what you have is a hardware problem. You may have defective DRAM. You need to run MemTest86 to check your system DRAM. There is no version of Windows that can fix defective hardware!Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 26th, 2011 9:26am

Hi, As Rick Dee mentioned, this can be a hardware compatibility issue. Please update the BIOS and the motherboard drivers to test the issue. In addition, please use the suggested tool to exam the RAM. If the RAM is damaged or incompatible with other hardware devices, please contact the hardware vendor to replace it. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 29th, 2011 2:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics