Server hanged
HelloOne of my server is hanged on the boot process. I am unable to login into the windows. It is hanged on the first screen that is at the start up so for the same I need some help on it.I cannot do any aynthing since there is no ilo in it. I have to send f1 command on the start up, pls tell me how to do it, Server is accessed remotely.Regardspuneet
August 25th, 2009 1:57pm

Hi Puneet, Could you please confirm me in which screen is hung.... Have you tried shutdown -a command remotely.. If it not working ask local support team to restart the server.... did you added ant new hardware to server or any software... May be it has caused the problem RegardsRajesh J S
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2009 3:17pm

You do have ILO.Do you have KVM switch to access server.then try that connection and press F1 to move further.If you dont have, then you need to get help from hands and eyes(on site team)support to do that activity."Its always recommended to use KVM switch or ILO configured to reboot the server"
August 26th, 2009 8:34am

I don't know how KVM switch work, since My server is in USA and I am in India and I access my server via mstsc . Now when I try to access the system it hangs on the Blue Screen , screen which comes after "Applying your personal settings" so I am not able to login in the server even not able to see the icons also. So I need help in it urgently. If you can help in the same I would be very greatful to you.Regards Puneet Sud
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2009 9:08am

What is the make of the server..if its HP you have option called ILO use that and reboot the server. if its dell you dell RACK card use that and reboot. let it come up then try login..
August 27th, 2009 1:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics