Server download versions
I am new to downlaods and see where I can download 2 versions: "Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise - Virtual" and "Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise". What is each used for? I have ran multiple searches and cannot find anything.
September 28th, 2010 12:41pm

Windows Server 2008 R2- Virtual is a already install Virtual Hard drive which allows you just to connect virtual hard drive to a virtual machine. Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise is a download that will allow you to create a DVD so you can install on physical hardware.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 28th, 2010 1:06pm

I was thinking along those lines but each is an ISO and when I burn the ISO to physical DVD they both apper to be the same. I'm working on physical so I'll start with the one that is not tagged as virtual. Just noticed the download files have exactly the same name.
September 28th, 2010 1:11pm

Hi, Unfortunately, there isn’t a "Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise - Virtual" version. I suspect what Virtual you meant was the Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise VHD file. If so, you can refer to the following link. You can also download a Windows Server 2008 R2 ISO file from the same link, then you can use it to create a VM or burn it to perform an installation on a physical computer. Evaluating Windows Server 2008 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/try-it.aspx Some quick details: The eval is good for 180 days, and once you install there's a 10-day grace period before you'll need to activate the software. Please note, however, that while product activation is required, the product key is actually built into the software so all you need to do is click "Activate Now." Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 28th, 2010 9:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics