Server Manager craches when adding WDS role in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 RC
Hi all; Consider the following scenario: We want to add WDS role on our Windows Server 2008 R2 RC box. In the phase of selecting WDS components, we deselect Transport Server option. A dialog box appears that mention "You cannot remove Transport Server unless the required role services are also removed". In this dialog box we click on the "Remove Dependent Role Services" button. After doing this action, Server Manager crashes. Please look at the following figures: Any ideas? Thanks
November 9th, 2010 6:14pm

Hi, First please restart the computer to test the issue. If the issue persists, please run the System Update Readiness Tool from the following site and paste the result in %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821/en-us Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 10th, 2010 12:24am

Thanks for your reply; I restarted the server with the same result. I downloaded the tool, but it says not capable to run on my server. I think this tool is designed to run on Windows Server 2008 R2, not Windows Server 2008 R2 RC . Any ideas?
November 10th, 2010 1:50am

Hi, Thank you for the response. I would like to confirm whether you are running Windows Server 2008 R2 RC or Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 RC. Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 10th, 2010 5:00am

Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 RC.
November 10th, 2010 5:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics