Server Hangs with event id:129 and ql2300 error
Hi, i am using windows server 2003. this server is connected to EMC storage box. for last 2-3 months i am getting an error in system event logs with event id : 129 and error source:ql2300. server hangs with this error and goes unresponsive. we have to reboot the server forcefully. i have already updated the Qlogic firmware and drive and also updated some windows storport hotfixes but same issue coming again and again. Please help... -Rajeev Mahura
November 30th, 2009 11:00am

Hi Rajeev, Thank you for posting in windows server forums, This issue might be causing due to one of the installed drivers ( 3rd party) , but its very premature to come into conclusion, we need to take relevant memory dumps and analyze them to find the root cause of the issue. I would suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Support service to troubleshoot this issue efficiently. They are the best resource for this kind of issues. You may obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below: https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?iid=174859&iguid=56907522-6886-4238-a70f-a1d06a4473c7_2_2&rdpath=1Suggestions: a) i would suggest you contact Qlogic because the event id corresponds to qlogic b) and open a case with microsoft for analyzing the dumps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2009 11:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics