Server Dying
Hi, We have a really odd problem with a HP ProLiant DL380 G5 Storage Server, over the last few months it just falls over, for example, it may be up for 1 week then we get reports no one can open files, we can ping it, get to shares still, but if you RDP to it you just get a black screen, if I try and do a shutdown -i on it I get just get unable to contact address. The only way I can get the server back up and running is powering it off via the power button and turn it on, this is the error below which may indicate the issue: The EventSystem sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EventSystem\EventLog. Its not hardware related as we've already had the mainboard swapped out, firmware is updated along with the latest proliant updates. Any suggestions?
May 24th, 2011 6:32pm

That one is really too vague to be of use by itself. I'd try connecting to the HP system management pages or possibly remote connect to system event log. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 4th, 2011 4:28am

To resolve this issue turn off "bitmap caching" on the Experience tab of the Remote Desktop Connnection properties. This option is enabled by default for all connection speeds and will cause this problem from certain remote clients. and refer below link as well. http://forums.hivelocity.net/windows-2003-2008-7-dedicated-server-discussion/13244-rdp-gets-blocked-black-screen-how-fix.html
June 4th, 2011 10:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics