Server Clients not reporting to WSUS server

Hi All,

Need some advise and help in the following issue im facing

I have setup my WSUS since June this year. All the server was reporting daily via GPO to my WSUS Server (2012 R2).

Until 3 weeks ago daily reporting stopped. I have done some reserach online and I applied wuauclt /resetauthorization /detechnow command. I did notice that the server (2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2) did report to my WSUS. I continue monitor for the next few days, notice that it once again didn't report to the WSUS server the following day.

Can anyone kindly advise? I have done some iis 8.5 hardening does this affect the reporting? Does the wsus always do daily reporting or it will stop once there no longer update is avaliable? My wsus is not pointed to MS catalog website for updates. It is always been download from a wsus terminal and imported into the WSUS server to be push down to the servers.

Look forward to some advise and help in this.

Sign

September 3rd, 2015 7:49am

Hi,

>>I have done some iis 8.5 hardening does this affect the reporting?

Probably. Please try to revert the change and check the update on the client.

>> Does the wsus always do daily reporting or it will stop once there no longer update is avaliable?

Reporting doesn't depend on if there is any update available on WSUS server.

Checking the update on the client will trigger the reporting. We can also use the command below to trigger the report:

• wuauclt /reportnow

Best Re

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 2:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics