Server 2012 shows no internet access after adding AD role
First, I'll say that I am pretty good with computers, however I have never worked with enterprise configurations. I decided to try server 2012 at home from my dreamspark account to learn a little bit more about it. Anyway, I installed a fresh copy, did the updates and etc. The first role I tried to install was active directory domain services. Everything seemed to go smoothly, and it completed. I can still access the internet just fine from the server, but the network connection says "No Internet Access". Is this normal or is there some configuration I have to change. The network is connected with a router running DDWRT which I think may have something to do with this. Also, I have DDWRT set static IP's based on the MAC address of the computers (including the server). Is that the possible problem? Thanks for any help.
December 16th, 2012 6:45pm

Hi, To install AD on Windows server, we should have to configure a DNS server first. If the server acts as the DNS server, then the IP address for it should be an static IP. I would like to know whether the server is the unique Domain Controller in the foreast, if so, then it should be the DNS server with static IP, so that it could not access the internet. Regards, Yan LiCataleya Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 19th, 2012 5:24am

I am having the same exact problem. Didn't have the problem until after promoting to a domain controller. Internet connections work fine, but it still shows "No Internet Access". I have 2 NIC's teamed using the built-in NIC teaming feature in Server 2012. I have a static IP assigned to the team. I configured another 2012 domain controller a week ago (with no teamed NIC's) and didn't have this problem with it. I am wondering if it is caused by the NIC teaming.
January 12th, 2013 2:07am

The reason this is happening is because you have TCP/IPv6 enabled. Uncheck the box for IPv6 and the problem should go away. Edit - I take this back... it seems this is being caused by having "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol" enabled.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 12th, 2013 7:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics