Server 2012 r2 RTM versions bought in 2013

Under the TechNet subscription model at the time I bought three separate download versions of Server 2012 for my Proliant storage sever. Apart from  a copy of Server 2012standard, I also hold a copy of Server 2012 r2 Storage server and Server 2012 r2 essential. I have a separate key for each version.

Finally now two years later I tried to load the OS and after entering the relevant key I got a message That it could not verify the key and subsequently failed to load the OS. What do I need to do? Wim

August 24th, 2015 2:43am

Curazon

You couldn't buy Windows Server from a Technet subscription, what you had were a access to the full software with a number of license keys for evaluation only (NOT testing).  So assuming you need to do some more evaluating I might be able to help if you are in the UK (which is where I am) so e-mail me (afryer@microsoft.com).

If you were to do this today you would need an MSDN subscription which also allows you do testing and of course you get azure time each month to do that so you don't even need any kit (excepting the need to test over server virtualization).

Sorry I can't be more help

Andrew (@DEEPFAT)

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 2:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics