Server 2012 Suddenly cannot upload files to server from remote or even download files to server in DTP or Plesk File Manager

I have a dedicated Windows 2012 server at Godaddy which has been running fine. I regularly ftp files to the server using cuteFTP.

Last Thursday I was unable to upload files. By this I mean, I can connect fine, rename files, do whatever, however if I try to send a file it starts and then just times out after a few seconds.

I can download files without any problem at all at roughly 3Mbps.

I can upload a 1Kb file, even a 10Kb file, but anything in the Mb's just stalls and times out.

This is very strange, nothing has been touched on the server nor the Cisco firewall not at this end. Godaddy reflashed the Cisco firewall just on case but still no go.

The ISP at my end says there is nothing wrong here. My general speed test comes out fine. I can Upload to another server I have at Jodohost at 740Kbps and another site at Godaddy fine at 740Kbps

But whatever I try I just cannot upload to this dedicated server at Godaddy. They say there is nothing wrong they can see at their end.

I also cannot transfer files via Plesk File Manager, same thing, super slow and then times out. Same thing with DTP, super slow and times out after 15 seconds or so.

As I say prior to about Wed/Thur last week everything was fine.

I have Superantispyware on the server which just run from time to time. I tried to do an update for that having connected via DTP and running the app, and even that cannot download the update files from their corporate website.

The only thing I can think of is there was a Windows update that ran last week. Coincidence maybe ?

This is really urgent (and baffling) as I just cannot get any work done on the server and I would really appreciate any help / thoughts.

thanks

September 8th, 2015 4:47am

On the remote server can you do a speedtest ? To test the ISP at the other side.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 9:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics