Server 2012 R2 VDI with profile disks not using domain default profile

I'm testing a VDI environment running on Windows Server 2012 R2. The VMs in the pool are running Windows 7.

I've enabled profile disks for my test pool. I also have a domain default profile (stored under netlogon) that is used when creating profiles for new users.

I've found that when a new user logs into the VDI pool, the domain default user profile is not being used to create the new profile. Can this be changed?

• Edited by robrossi Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:29 PM
  • Moved by BrianEhMVP Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:39 PM
February 10th, 2015 10:27pm

Hi,

I also have a domain default profile (stored under netlogon) that is used when creating profiles for new users.

Place default profile under netlogon share doesnt enable users to use it as their default user profiles, which only shares the profile contents to users who have access permissions.

If you want to customize default user profile, please refer to this article below:

Customize the Default User Profile by Using CopyProfile

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825135.aspx

Best Regards,

Amy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2015 9:51am

When I first created the default user profile, I used the CopyProfile method in sysprep. I then copied that default user profile to the netlogon share with access rights for Everyone.

All of my desktops use the netlogon default user profile (I know this because I added scripts to the startup folder that run on first logon) but my VDI environment does not.

February 11th, 2015 2:52pm

Hi,

Have you followed the troubleshooting CopyProfile section in the article below to troubleshoot the issue?

Customize the Default User Profile by Using CopyProfile

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825135.aspx

In addition, please make sure that the users in the VDI environment dont get other kind of customized user profile such as roaming profile.

Best Regards,

Amy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 6th, 2015 1:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics