Server 2012 R2 Domain Trust Scenario

Hey All,

Currently, I have everything configured for domain trusts between three domains inside of my operational scope.

Domain A -> Domain B <- Domain C

Inside of Domain B, I have a terminal server that I want to allow access to from Domain A and C. I've managed to get this configured properly for Domain A... by adding a RDP Group from Domain A into the Remote Desktop "Select Users..." screen on the terminal server. I'm able to see every user and object in Domain A from this point.

The same isn't true for Domain C. The weird thing is, if I go onto the Domain Controller for B, I can query and connect to C without issues. I can also add users in C to the "Select Users..." portion of the domain controller.

The only section where this seems to fail is on the terminal server, and I'm not sure where to head next with this issue. Inside of the "Select Users..." Interface, I can change the location from Domain B to Domain C (so it knows it's there) but any user or group that should exist inside of Domain C will not populate and returns "Name Not Found".

July 21st, 2015 5:37pm

This wound up being a DNS issue on the terminal server. Public DNS was mapped with the static IP addressed. Removed public DNS, and flushed the DNS cache, and we're all good now.
  • Marked as answer by Devin Frey 16 hours 41 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2015 10:25am

Hi Devin,

Glad to hear that you have found the cause and thank you for sharing with us!

Please feel free to let us know if there are any further requirements.

Best Regards,

Amy

July 22nd, 2015 9:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics