Server 2012 Interface
Why has Microsoft shoved this rancid interface down out throughts? Administrative tasks with the new interface have become cumbersome, such as getting the the forever-going-to-be-used "RUN" feature. The new interface is not Admin Friendly. I cannot find a forum for feedback, but after using server 2012 trail for 2 hours, I have re-installed the desktop experience. Why are they shoving this down our throats? We admins do not want the windows 8 look on a SERVER, infact most of us hate the Windows 8 look and layout. Switching back to Windows 2008 ASAP. the upgrade is not work it. and Frankly, I cannot see a major business/agency switching to 2012 anytime soon.
February 25th, 2013 9:07am

All though there may be some changes which many system admins are unhappy with there is also a lot of changes that speeds up administrataion and make the life of a system admin much easier and quicker. I for one like the new interface as most things I use powershell or commandline to do rather than the interface as this is by far the quickest way however whne I do use the interface I dont not find it to be cumbersome and if microsoft tried to make everyone happy or did not make changes like this there would never be any progression and this is what people said from win xp to win 7. People just dont like chanage8B17
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 25th, 2013 10:34am

Hello, i can understand that you may not be happy with the new look. But that discussion will not help you anything here. And be sure there will be no way back from Microsoft. If you have problems please describe them in detail, so we can find solutions. And if you work a bit longer with the interface and really try to understand the new way you'll see lots of advantages in it. Just to name Server grouping in the server manager the viewable to copy powershell command lets in AD AC for management, easy remote management from one machine of all other servers and lot more. BTW: I know lots of admins that are happy with the new design from Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
February 25th, 2013 2:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics