Server 2012: Local User Profile Disks & DFS
I've been thinking of setting up two Remote Desktop Servers, then using DFS to ensure the Local User Profile Disks are highly available.  Is this a supported or feasable scenario?
October 19th, 2012 4:35pm

Hi,

This issue is more appropriate to ask in the DFS forum.(http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverfiles/threads)

Thanks,

Clarence

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 24th, 2012 5:25am

I attempted to setup User Profile Disks on a replicated DFS share for HA, but I get an error message in the RDS Collection Properties dialogue box. It states: "Could not create the template VHD. Error Message: The network location PATH is not available." Any ideas why this might be happening? The DFS shares are definitely working correctly.

Thanks,

Laramie

October 30th, 2012 12:04pm

Hi Laramie,

i have read your post about the DFS Share Problem by using the User Profile Disk configuration in Windows 2012. Did you have any News on that ?

Regards
Markus

January 5th, 2013 6:11pm

I'm also considering this idea... has anyone tried it?  In our case it would be to add some flexibility for rebooting/maintenance as well as spread the CPU/memory load between two beefy servers.  Does RDS support using User Profile disks like this? 

I also don't quite see why this should be a DFS forum question any more than a RDS forum question--seems like an arbitrary choice to make.

January 30th, 2013 1:59am

I'm trying the same thing and receiving the same error. Did you find a solution?

Thank you

May 16th, 2014 9:23pm

Running production environment right now with UPD files on DFS.
But I can't replicate my setup here on second customer site.

I also had the same problem first, but I fixed it.

May 16th, 2015 8:21pm

Any chance you figured out the fix to this? I'm having the exact same issue.
August 7th, 2015 6:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics