Server 2008 remote login user limits for the different versions
Hi all, I have a client who likes to run his network in a slightly crazy way. All the employees remote desktop to the server and work directly from there, effectively making their perfectly good office workstations 'thin clients'. We've attempted to argue that this is not the best way etc. etc. however he is adamant and now he wants to upgrade his server. So we need to provide a machine that can accept ~15 concurrent remote desktop sessions. Now with all hardware considerations aside can anyone tell me how many people can 'remote in' to the various editions of Server 2K8? I know there are recommended ways to do this that are much more complicated than what we need, all I'm after is the number of people for each edition - for instance I know that SBS Standard accepts only 2 simultaneous sessions. For bonus points can anyone tell me if it's true that remoting into Server 2K8 uses significantly more bandwidth/CPU than with Server 2K3? Aaron Oxford - Remember you paid money for this!
September 2nd, 2009 6:28am

Hi There,Thank you for posting in windows server forum, You would require terminal server licensing to accomplish the above goal , i would recommend yout o go through the below link and do reply back if you have any further questions. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/licensing-terminal.aspxsainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2009 7:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics